Telenet informs its clients about price changes
Tuesday, January 10, 2017 — Telenet is changing its prices for a number of services on 19 February 2017. Among other things, the prices of Whop and Whoppa will rise by 1.99%. Other products, such as WIGO and the entertainment packages Play, Play More, and Play Sports, will remain unchanged. Telenet continues to invest in its network, products, and services to continue to offer its customers the best digital service now and in the future. The company wishes to inform all of its customers personally of these changes.
The demand for faster connections, more options, more mobile Internet, and more capacity continues to grow. Within one household, people surf the Internet on more and more devices at the same time, both in- and outdoors. It is forecast that by 2020, eight times more mobile data will be consumed. To meet consumer and corporate expectations, and to continue to offer the best quality, we need to invest constantly in the network, products, and services. For example, over the past year, Telenet has increased its Internet speeds and improved its television product. The investment programme ‘De Grote Netwerf’ has already prepared almost 900,000 homes for future speeds of up to 1 Gbps per second. Furthermore, the ‘Helemaal mee tournee’ has given over 250,000 customers a free check-up on their indoor installation and has ensured that they get the most from their products and services. Telenet itself pays for the lion’s share of its investments. To continue to innovate and support the digital economy, Telenet is revising the prices of a number of services, guided by the inflation rate. Where possible, the company is also constantly on the lookout for savings or benefits, as with the recently launched WIGO.
- Whop and Whoppa will rise by €1.35 and €1.55 per month respectively.
- For business customers, Fluo and Fluo Home will rise by €1.50 per month (VAT excluded).
- Internet products offered separately will rise by a maximum of 1.29% per month.
- A list of all price changes for other products can be found on telenet.be/nieuweprijzen.
The following prices remain unchanged:
- All WIGO formulas
- Subscription price for mobile telephony, such as King and Kong Supersize
- The entertainment packages Play, Play More, and Play Sports
- The Play Sports Day pass
- Installation & activation costs
- The subscription for landline telephony (Freephone Europe)
- Landline telephony options
- Application of the social rate.
Telenet attaches great importance to personal and transparent communication with its customers. As of today, each customer will be informed personally by letter or e-mail. The personalised web page www.telenet.be/prijsaanpassing gives customers a detailed account of what the price change means for them personally.