Mechelen, February 16, 2023– Telenet Group Holding NV (“Telenet” or the “Company”) (Euronext Brussels: TNET) announces its unaudited consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards as adopted by the European Union (“EU IFRS”) for the year ended December 31, 2022.
- Resilient operational performance with 73,800 net FMC subscriber additions for FY 2022 (Q4 2022: 19,000), including robust organic growth of our mobile postpaid customer base with 45,300 net adds (Q4 2022: 10,500). Our broadband customer base further expanded with 5,000 net subscribers (Q4 2022: 1,700), while we continue to see a contraction of both our video and fixed-line telephony RGU base driven by the current macro-economic environment and shifting consumer preferences.
- Revenue of €2,665.0 million for the year ended December 31, 2022, up nearly 3% and over 1% year-on-year on a reported and rebased(1) basis, respectively, with a clear acceleration in H2 following the mid-June 2022 price adjustment (Q4 2022: €712.9 million,+7% and nearly +2% year-on-year on a reported and rebased basis, respectively) and in line with our FY 22 outlook.
- Net profit of €997.0 million for the year ended December 31, 2022 (Q4 2022: €0.9 million). The robust 153% year-on-year increase was attributable to a gain on disposal of assets related to the TowerCo transaction as well as a significantly improved financial result due to a non-cash gain on our interest derivatives.
- Adjusted EBITDA(2) of €1,373.8 million for the year ended December 31, 2022, which was broadly stable on a reported basis and up nearly 1% year-on-year on a rebased basis despite the impact of inflation on our staff-related expenses and higher energy costs and including €2.6 million costs to capture for the NetCo launch. Improved trend in Q4 2022 with Adjusted EBITDA up nearly 5% versus Q4 2021 on both a reported and rebased basis to €355.9 million.
- Adjusted EBITDAaL(2)for the year ended December 31, 2022 reached €1,246.1 million, which was broadly stable year-on-year on a reported basis and up 1% versus last year on a rebased basis.
- Accrued capital expenditures(3)for the year ended December 31, 2022 reached €1,419.3 million and included the recognition of the recently acquired mobile spectrum licenses and the tower lease. Excluding the recognition of certain football broadcasting rights, mobile spectrum licenses and certain lease-related capital additions impacts, as per our FY 2022 guidance, our accrued capital expenditures were €656.3 million, equivalent to approximately 25% of revenue, in line with our guidance.
- Adjusted EBITDA less property & equipment additions(4) (previously referred to as Operating Free Cash Flow) of €717.5 million for the year ended December 31, 2022, marking a 13% year-on-year decrease driven by higher accrued capital expenditures as a result of increased capital intensity as explained above.
- Net cash from operating activities, net cash from investing activities and net cash used in financing activities of €1,092.6 million, €180.0 million and €347.7 million, respectively, for the year ended December 31, 2022. Adjusted Free Cash Flow(5) of €409.0 million, which was broadly stable compared to last year, in line with our outlook.
- Robust debt and liquidity profile characterized by (i) no debt maturities until March 2028, (ii) weighted average maturity of 5.5 years, (iii) fully hedged debt profile with weighted average cost of debt (including hedges) of around 3.2%, (iv) full access to €555.0 million of untapped liquidity under our revolving credit facilities and (v) €1,064.4 million of cash and cash equivalents at December 31, 2022.
- In line with our updated shareholder remuneration framework, the board of directors will propose to the April 2023 Annual General Shareholders' Meeting a gross dividend per share of €1.0, equivalent to €108.6 million in aggregate. Our dividend floor remains well covered by both our Adjusted Free Cash Flow and net total leverage of 3.4x on an Adjusted EBITDAaL basis.